Rich Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
2 1/3 cups flour
2/3 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 cups (12 oz pkg) semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsley chopped nuts
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 cups (8 oz pkg) toffee bits
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. grease a 13 x 9 baking dish
2. Combine flour and brown sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts; set aside 1 1/2 cups mixture.
3.Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 min. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over hot crust. Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits. Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining chocolate chips over top.
4. Bake 25 to 30 min or until golden brown. Top with reserved toffee bits. Cool completely in pan. Cut into bars.
I don't put the nuts in and it still works out great. And you might need to cook it more than 30 minutes to make sure it gets done enough in the middle.
On Sunday morning I was getting Kylee dressed for church and noticed that she had a hair wrapped around 2 of her toes. The one toe was a little red, but was fine after I got the hair off. But on her other toe the hair had cut into it really bad and it was all red and has a mark on it. It wasn't bleeding or anything, but it's pretty deep. So hopefully it will heal and be ok. We'd hate for her to be the weird 4 toed girl people talk about.
It has been our tradition ever since we've had kids to take our Christmas card picture at Thanksgiving. Last year we didn't because I had just had my wisdom teeth pulled and I looked a little freakish. This year we aren't going to Indiana like we usually do so we had to do our picture ourselves. I finally figured out how to use the timer on the camera and we actually got a pretty good picture. I won't ruin the surprise, you'll have to wait to see that one. But here is one I took of just the kids.
Shocking that it turned out. Price was having a fit 5 minutes before and Kylee started screaming about 2 minutes after this. I guess it all depends on the timing..jpg)
5 comments:
I think it's super cute of the kids!!! :)
Oh, they are adorable! I can never get a decent one with two, let alone with three!
That treat sounds tasty too. Want to know what I was craving the other day? Dandy Candy!
Great job on the pic. Tricky with little ones. I know. Thanks for the recipe and the comic relief. You're funny.
I LOVE this picture!!!! I LOVE those kids!!!!!! They are sooooooo adorable.
Love you guys!
Cute picture- they are getting so big!
Post a Comment