I've somewhat regained my sanity from another Jer-less week. Luckily this week he will be a little closer to home. But then again this will be my first year cooking Thanksgiving dinner so I may lose my mind over that. There have already been some sleepless nights planning the menu and making sure I have everything. At least HyVee is open on Thanksgiving so if I do forget something Jer can run to the store.
On Wednesday Price had to go to the dentist to get a cavity filled. It sure is a lot different going to a pediatric dentist. They make up fun names for the instruments and show him how they work. They have a TV on the ceiling for him to watch. And they really could do anything to him as long as he is watching TV. They gave him a little laughing gas too. I could tell it was starting to work because he started talking a lot more to the dentist and his assistant. Usually he just looks at them and doesn't say a word. But they had different flavored masks so he really liked smelling it and they even let him bring it home after. He carried that thing around for the rest of the day smelling it. So for his first cavity it went well, perhaps even a little enjoyable. Although I don't think that's a good deterrant to getting a cavity. I think it should be a little more uncomfortable so he'll have an incentive to brush better.
On Thursday at Price's school they read Stone Soup and made their own version of stone soup. Somehow I keep getting wrangled into eating food made by 4-year-olds, but we had a good time going that night to his school and eating his soup. I actually knew another one of the moms and she was alone with her kids like me. So I had a good time talking to her and seeing the other kids in Price's class.
On Friday we had the ward Thanksgiving party. It was the usual ward potluck. One highlight is Bro. Quillin's cheesy potatoes, they sure are tasty. But as usual there is the unidentifiable dishes that you don't dare eat and the 500 desserts. It was fun to get out and there were a ton of people there.
Other than that life has been pretty boring at our house. Jeremy was gone yesterday helping his friend farm and then at the stake youth activity. Today we practiced for the primary program and I realized people can e-mail me and I will read it, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to remember or even process what was written. I blame my fried brain on all these wild kids....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment