Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mythbusters and Pumpkin Carving

Saturday was one of those days I wish I could bottle up and save for a rainy day. The weather was great and we had a great time being together as a family.

Jeremy had Scouting for Food in the morning then we worked in the yard for awhile. We are trying to get rid of this darn mole, but it's looking to be harder than we thought. We have decided that it is the cause of all of our basement flooding so we really want to get rid of it, but we don't want to spend a ton doing it. So I looked up on the internet for some ways to get rid of moles and found a little home rememdy. It consisted of castor oil, cayenne pepper and soap. Hopefully it worked, but we'll have to see. Another one I read about is to put Juicy Fruit gum in their hole. They like the smell, but then the gum does something to their stomachs when they eat it and kills them. I may try that later in the week so stay tuned for an update. But we might just end up sitting out there watching to see the ground move and dig up the mole and whack it. That will be a sure way to get rid of it. If only I had the time to sit around watching for the mole.

I also went and got my hideous haircut fixed yesterday. I just had more layers put in so it's not so heavy and bell like. Jeremy can't tell a difference, but then again he's a guy and I really didn't expect him to.

All week our pumpkins have been sitting in our garage waiting to be carved and Saturday night was the first chance we had.
The before:

Kylee spent hours on hers....hours sleeping that is.

The after:
One of our favorite treats is to roast the pumpkin seeds after we carve them. Price also kept asking when I was going to make a pumpkin pie. I have no idea where he got that idea since I've never made a pumpkin pie and it's been a long time since he's had one.
We also rented 'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past', but it turned out to be really retarded. Good thing we got it from Redbox and only spent $1.

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

okay, so I was wondering, since you've had bad haircut for awhile now, and have finally gotten it fixed...have you been wearing it around or have you had a permanent pony tail or something? I still would like pictures ;) I'm such a cruel friend aren't i!?! I decided today that i want a haircut SO BAD and wish I were in Utah so Kiana could cut it for me. I hear there are no good cutters this way...which stinks, because I'm starting to get desperate!
Cute pumpkins too! I think we'll finally do ours this week! :)

Rand and Tracy said...

Rats! I just got Ghosts from Netflix.....crap. And now I want some Juicy Fruit!!! Good luck with the MOLE!!

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

I thought your hair looked really cute yesterday, I didn't know you got it cut I just thought you did something different. Your pumpkins are adorable both the orange ones as well as the children!