We've recovered from the nose trauma and are slowly getting back into a routine.
This week we have been busy experimenting with our food storage; grinding wheat for bread and making soup with our beans. We also have a ton of oatmeal and I hate eating oatmeal for breakfast, but I do love no bake cookies. So I've been trying to find more oatmeal recipes this week so I don't gain 500 pounds from making too many no bakes.
Lately Price has been on a Superman kick. Probably because when we were in our hotel last weekend we saw one of the newer Superman movies on TV. For Hodson family movie night we rented the old school Superman movie and watched it. It was from 1978 and the special effects and outfits are definitely from way back when, but Price loved it. We may have to rent more of them. I guess Jer used to watch them when he was little, so it must be a little boy thing. This whole week Price has insisted on wearing his Superman cape, snow boots and belt since those are all items that Superman wears. And of course he wears them wherever we go, such as Wal-mart and then races around like he's flying.
Yesterday he was so bummed that he really couldn't fly. I felt so bad for him because all he wants to do is fly like Superman. Me too, Price.
Brynlee loves her little sister (sometimes a little too much), and she calls Kylee "babycakes". So when Kylee wakes up Bryn comes running in saying "Hey babycakes" It is so cute and I am glad she is already being so kind to her sister. Now we just need to work on the part where she lays on her.
It is no secret that the Hodsons are cheap. If this is a shocker to you, obviously you don't know us (or more precisely Jeremy). But today Hy-Vee was having some screaming deals. So we all ventured out only to find that the rest of CR had the same idea as us. Although we did notice that most people weren't hoarding the sale items quite like us. But now we are ready with our freezer full of chicken, pork roasts, bread and of course ice cream.
On another note I am way excited about the new temple announced in Brigham. Who would have ever thought? Not Jeremy since he thinks it's the most podunk town ever (which it is obviously not).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
There are worse things than being cheap but I would have killed to see you hoarding the sale items!!!
what flavors of icecream did you stock up on?! haha The Superman thing is WAY CUTE!! Kason's has been batman, but he doesn't do Super-hero like Price does. I think it's super cute!!! Oh you lucky mom!!! (cape and boots haha)
"Babycakes" kills me. Your kids are so hilar.
Post a Comment