Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Fun

I've been trying to keep the kids occupied with things to do so they aren't always bugging me and fighting with each other. Thankfully my mom sent me a subscription to Family Fun Magazine and that has given me a lot of ideas of fun things for the kids to do.

Yesterday we decided to paint rocks. Price loves to paint and is always wanting to put on his paint shirt and be creative. It was also the first time I let Brynlee paint and it turned out rather interesting. She liked to paint the rock, but she also painted on her face, ate some paint and drank the paint water. Out of the two she by far loves to stick weird things in her mouth. I'm hoping it will just give her a healthy immune system, but hopefully she outgrows this phase before she puts something really weird/and or poisonous in her mouth.

On another note, our van is getting some switch fixed in it yesterday and today. Luckily we haven't sold the Acura yet so we still can each take a car for the day. I looked out yesterday thinking that Jer would have left the Acura for me to drive. But oh no, he leaves me the junky Accord with no gas in it. It's not really that bad of a car, but it's power steering is going out so it's really loud when you turn and it really needs to be cleaned out. But the kids love driving around in "dad's car" and it is a lot easier to drive. But the van is ready to be picked up this afternoon and I don't think I'll be missing the Accord to much....

No comments: