Jeremy has been working up in Minnesota this week (yet again). I hate when he's gone because I just don't sleep good. Probably because I am paranoid about burglars. Although the said burglar would have to be pretty desperate to come to our neighborhood. Anyway, I didn't sleep very well last night.
Jeremy called a few times this morning, but I was feeling way too lazy to get up and answer the phone. I thought he kept calling because he was concerned about me and the kids (which he probably was) but he was calling to say his car got broken into early this morning. Me being the understanding wife said "Well it's your own fault for leaving your wallet visible in the car". I know, I am just filled with love and compassion aren't I? But I do have to say that Jer is known for leaving his wallet in his car where it is easily spotted. Which normally wouldn't be a big deal because neither of us ever has cash on hand, but since we just got back from vaycay and he was working out of town so he had more than he usually does. Just another annoyance for the day that I could have done without.
So I've gotten to spend the morning cancelling cards and calling and getting estimates on replacing the windows. Yeah, so fun! And if you know me, you know that I hate having to call around doing stuff like that.
So now we are headed on a mini vacation to Minnesota because Jeremy is stranded with no money and a half a tank of gas. We were planning on going up Thursday, but now we'll get to see Jer a little more. I guess the hotel he is staying at has a cool pool for the kids so they'll have a great time and I won't have to be home alone which will be nice. But hopefully the rest of the trip will be very uneventful.
And remember the lesson of the day: Don't expect sympathy from me when you get your car broken into...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Sounds like Jeremy has been gone lots lately. I feel for you. I don't sleep well either when Haldan's away. You're a good wife to go early. Sorry to hear about the burglary. Pretty ironic that that's what you were worried about and that's what happened to him.
haha I have the same paranoias...if I could only blog about them without having a paranoia about that! hahaha
That's terrible that the car got broken into, but you're hilarious, with your reaction!
Hope you guys have fun with the pool and all that!!! *don't go into labor! ;)
Post a Comment