Saturday, November 21, 2015

Running Club

This year I decided to start a running club at the kids' school.  I was thinking there would be 25-30 kids.  I was surprised when we averaged around 45 kids at the early morning practices.  We had practice Monday and Thursday mornings at 7:45am.  The kids were so great and it turned out to be a lot of fun.  I also had quite a few parents help out too which made it really nice.
 It was a great experience. And despite my dislike of working with kids that aren't my own, I had a great time.  The school has a trail that loops around the park right next to it so we would run around that and then work on running skills.  And we finished up each practice with a game of tag or sharks and minnows.
 We ran in The Return of the Turkey Trot.  It was 2.5 miles.  Price ran it in about 20 min. Brynlee in about 23 and Little Miss Kylee ran the whole way and finished in about 26 min.  So proud of these kids of mine.

No comments: