Friday, April 12, 2013

New Piano

The big news of the week is that we got a new piano!  I am so excited.  I was randomly looking at Craig's list and found a good deal and pounced on it.  I don't think Jeremy was too excited at first, but I think he's coming around to the idea that having a piano is a good thing.
 
After getting it into our living room I realized we had too much brown going on.  We needed to add some color.  So this is the before of the bench:
And here's the after:
 I also decided to paint some picture frames to add a little pop of color.
 I was wanting some colorful throw pillows, but was looking online and there were so expensive.  So I was talking to a friend and she said "just make slipcovers".  So I took a couple of pillows we already had and got the other from Goodwill and got some super cheap fabric and voila...color.  It's one of the few times a sewing project has turned out how I imagined it in my head.  Yeah!
 


2 comments:

Devon Noel Lee said...

You did an awesome job on the pillows and on the piano bench!

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

They look great! I love the colors!