Usually January drags here in the tundra, but this month has flown by. We really haven't had that much snow and it has only been cold for a few days; not too much compared to what we usually have. Also our friend Gena has been back and forth between the hospital and the rehab center so we've been busy trying to visit her everyday.
We have started early on our spring cleaning. Jeremy had 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Year's and he was going crazy with the cleaning. He cleaned the fridge (even underneath!), we rearranged our room (love it) and we've totally de-junked the basement. And we even moved our food storage and are trying to be more organized. We've been busy!
The kids have so much art and I feel bad throwing it away so we made a little art gallery in the basement.
As I was going through stuff I found my old art folder from high school. It was all pretty much crap because I'm not very artistic. But I do love this picture. It's one of the few that I like and actually like.The other day Brynlee declared at dinner that she "was the cutest girl in Kindergarten". When Jeremy asked if her teacher told her that she said "No, I just am". So it's nice to know that she has a healthy self-image. Hopefully she'll always have confidence in her self; because she is the cutest girl.
Price is continuing to do great in school. He is a "math genius". No it's not a self proclaimed title. He gets to help other kids with math. He is pretty excited. He's also been doing really great in reading, spelling and piano (despite his complaining everytime I make him practice).
Kylee has been my girl lately. She has helped me visit Gena everyday. She does dances, sings and plays cards with Gena; and also bugs her to get suckers. We've been on the go a lot and she has been so good about being toted here and there.
I've been busy teaching at the Y, volunteering for the Y's Livestrong program, teaching the Laurel's at church and running here there and everywhere.
Jeremy has been home a lot more with the kids than usual. Usually I am the one at home and he's running around serving others. We've had a bit of a role reversal lately. He's done a great job of keeping things together here at home. He and the kids have quite the system down on Saturday mornings. They get the house cleaned and laundry started all before I get home from the YMCA.
And I don't know what has gotten into Jer this week, but every night he has left me a little treat and a note on my pillow. I've gotten Russel Stover's chocolates, Cadbury caramel eggs, cake pops, and truffles. The notes are great too.
Last night we went on a date. We went to this restaurant called the Ced-Rel. It was pretty good. It was a lot of food. They bring out this relish tray that has this super yummy dip (it's like a thinner vesion of the Price family cheeseball), veggies, crackers, onion rings, fried chicken livers and some sweet and sour meatballs. Then we had salad and bread and then our dinner. I was stuffed when we left! I had the chicken and ribs and they were tasty. Jeremy had the filet mignot, but he didn't like it. Rarely is he satisfied with a steak at a restaurant. I think part of his dislike was due to the price. Anything not on a dollar menu is too pricey for Jer. We then went to Wal-Mart and Goodwill. It was a riproaring good time for us! Then we went to pick up the kids at the our friends' house; we ended up chatting with them for quite awhile.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Cadbury Caramel eggs on your pillow???? Way to go Coach!!!
Post a Comment