Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Trip to Utah

Kylee is such a ham. She loves putting on shows and being the center of attention. I just want to squeeze her cute little face. I love her guts, so glad I'm her mom!

We went out to Utah last weekend for Jeremy's sister's wedding. We left Thursday night and drove through the night. It went really well. The roads were clear, no snow, and we only had to stop a few times for potty breaks. We were really lucky; we couldn't have asked for a better trip out there.
We got to Utah on Friday morning. We stayed with my parents in SLC (they're on a mission there). So first we stopped by their apartment to drop off our stuff and to have some lunch. They live up above the capitol in a basement of a house. It's pretty nice and luckily they have enough room for us.
We then went over to the church where the wedding reception was going to be. We helped decorate and get things ready for the next day. Luckily Jessaca had some friends to help and some of her aunts. It was a big job and took quite a while. Later that afternoon we went over to the COB (Church Office Building) to see where my parents are working. We then went over to temple square, but the kids were a little wild so we didn't stay long. They wanted to run around and ride the escalator.



We were parked under the Conference Center and as we were leaving I saw my parents car. So of course we had to prank them; thankfully I have prankable parents. We left a note on their car that said "You left a big dent in my door. I have your license number and will be contacting the authorities. Unless you call me at 801-564-". Then I made it look like the number had been ripped off. Because I didn't want them trying to call some fake number.
So we swore the kids to secrecy and went home. I was totally expecting them to come home laughing and knowing that it was us. I mean we were parked right by them and I figured they'd recognize my hand writing. But they came home and didn't say a word. Price kept whispering to me about it, but they never mentioned it. Later that night I finally came clean. I guess my mom and had been so worried, but my dad told her to chill out. There wasn't much they could do about it. Thanks mom and dad for being good sports!
My sister Erin came up that night to stay so we got to see her too. She's into Crossfit and is on a team in Salt Lake. I don't get to see her too often, but was glad we ended up being there on the same weekend.

1 comment:

Rand and Tracy said...

Bah ha aha ha. Love that you pranked T.B. and Nanc. So classic that they didn't say anything! Just being good missionaries! Love them!!