Friday, October 7, 2011

Field Trip

We have had a busy week, but it's been full of lots of playing. On Thursday we went down to North Liberty to see the Fossil Gorge and then the Bird Park.

I'd never been to the Fossil Gorge and it was really fun. I'm excited to go next spring and bring Price. It's all this rock with little pools here and there. Earlier in the year the pools of full of tadpoles and turtles. The kids would love exploring and getting dirty.

We had lunch and played on the playground and then went over to the bird park.
The kids love seeing all the bird and running around. I love that they get out all their energy and crash on the way home.

Kylee coming her arms to an eagles.

Brynlee and the eagle wings.

The gang. Grace, Brynlee, Maddie, Kylee, Ben and Reagan.


The highlight of the trip was when the turkey vulture was eating it's lunch. Amanda sat there and watched him eat and gave us the play by play. First she thought it was pulling off a leg, but then realized it was the animal's head. I was about to lose my lunch, but she thought it was the coolest thing ever.
We had such a fun day and again the weather was awesome.


In other news. I am just about done reading a good book. It's called 'No Ordinary Joes'. It's about 4 submariners in WWII. They become POWs and it tells all about them before and during their capture and then their lives after. It's really interesting too. It's a little graphic (be warned) about their POW time, but it really is intersting and makes you realize how lucky we are. It gave me a new respect for those who fight for our country and the freedoms we enjoy.

1 comment:

Rand and Tracy said...

You guys do so many fun things!!