Today Jeremy and I were able to go down to Nauvoo to the temple all by ourselves. We dropped the kids off at a friend's house and were able to have a little date. The kids love playing and we love having a few hours to ourselves.
The road on the way down is a divided highway. So cars have to cross half and then wait and cross the other half. Well, a car crossed half and was waiting in the middle. I don't know if he didn't see us or if it was some old senile driver. Because before we passed he started going. He nearly hit our rear but Jeremy swerved to avoid him. I like to think we were blessed because we were going to the temple, but it sure got my heart pumping for awhile.
After the temple we stopped in Ft. Madison at this cute little cafe called 'The Ivy'. I love it, it has the best desserts and good sandwiches. Jeremy calls it a girl place and gets annoyed that he's overcharged for his food. But he gave me the choice so he can't complain too much.
When we got home I looked in our garden and we had about 8 ripe tomatoes. Our garden has been pretty sad this year. Beside lettuce and herbs we haven't had much else. Thank goodness for the good Iowa soil and all the sun. Because I haven't done much at all to get all these tomatoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment