Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring and Things

Spring is in the air around here. We've been able to get out and about and have some family walks lately. It is one of our favorite things to do when the weather gets nice. The kids have also enjoyed riding their bikes and playing outside. Yeah for spring!


This is the dresser that I found at the Goodwill for $16. After A LOT of sanding and some painting and new hardware it is ready for use.

This week we moved the girls into the same room. I wasn't planning on doing it so soon, but we've had some modesty/flashing issues so we decided to do it now. It's worked out great. I de-junked a TON and am feeling more organized. The girls love sharing a room and it's going better than I expected it to. Price is the one having a hard time, though. He won't admit it, but he's a little lonely now. I think he misses having his sister to keep him company.

This week I turned the big 3-0. Wahoo! Jeremy took 2 days off from work. You'd think this would mean big fun, but no. On my birthday we went and worked out and I had a visiting teaching appointment after. He went and had lunch with Price at school. Then we got some Sonic drinks and played at the park. Jeremy did make a great steak dinner for us and he got a Key Lime Pie for dessert. I've decided that having pie instead of cake and ice cream just shows how old you really are. What kid whats pie for their birthday? Answer: None, they want cake with miles of sugary frosting and a huge scoop of ice cream. But I guess I'll take the pie because I'm trying to eat less sugar (another sign that I'm getting old!)

Jer got me a nightstand and some lamps for our room. He has a nightstand, but I wanted one on my side of the bed and we are both so lazy at night that neither one of us wants to get up to turn the lights off. So now we don't have to. And now we don't have piles of books everywhere. I also got some Idle Isle nutballs from my friend Kylee. If you are from BC then you know how awesome they are, I sure miss them so it was nice to have a box of them to myself. They sure didn't last long.
My mom got me a CD of 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' since my copy is a tape from the mid '80s.

The day after my birthday Jer and I went to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings (B-Dub if you prefer) and it was great! I have been craving that place like crazy. They have these boneless wings and you get the Parmesan Garlic sauce...Super good! Now I just need to find another occasion for us to go get some more.

Overall a good birthday. I had to enter my age in as '30' today on the eliptical at the gym. It was a little weird, but at least I'm working out so hopefully I won't look like I'm 30.

1 comment:

D Lee said...

You're gorgeous and so youthful at thirty. And you are so very talented. Many ladies (young, old, etc) wish they could say the same. Happy Birthday!