Sunday, March 6, 2011

Recipe

We are alive here! Kylee and I have been a little sick, but we're both feeling better. Nothing serious, just the pesky cold that lingers far too long.

We had a great Sunday today. We had stake conference and it was broadcast from Salt Lake. It's nice that the kids are getting older and slowly getting better about sitting through church. Kylee still doesn't make it too long without having to take her out, but I can see that there is hope. One day we will sit through church without me having to take someone out for misbehaving; I can only imagine. I'm sure then I'll have to get after the kids and make sure they aren't asleep. But at this point I wish they would just go to sleep and give me a few moments of peace.

I made this great dessert today. It was super easy and so yummy. You know me and my love of anything Aldis. I got this recipe from their ad back during the holidays. I finally tried it out today and it's one I will definitely make again. You just throw everything in the pan and cook, my kind of dessert. You can add nuts, but in my opinion many a good dessert has been ruined by the addition of nuts (sorry mom). So in my case these are 6-layer bars (not 7 like the recipe says).

6 Layer Bars

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350. Put in 13x9 pan and put in oven to melt. (I just put it in while the oven heated up and it was all melted by the time the oven was ready). Swirl butter around bottom and sides of pan to coat. Pour graham cracker crumbs over butter. Top with chocolate chips, then butterscotch chips, and coconut. Pour sweetened condensed milk over top. Cook for 25 minutes.

So easy! The only work was making the graham cracker crumbs. And if you just bought graham cracker crumbs there would be no work involved at all.

2 comments:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

This is Mike's very favorite treat. We use nuts though, it would be ironic if nut's like us didn't ;)

Anonymous said...

so exciting....i luv your recipes....and i too luv aldi's! this is a win win! thanks.