One thing I love about DC is that everything is free. This is the Hodson family's favorite vacation spot!
This panda was so funny. He was perched on this branch and he was dead asleep. He kept twitching, but he never fell. So cute! I think it was at this zoo where they had a panda baby (which is rare, I think) and he was recently sent to a zoo in China. They had a huge panda exhibit talking all about where they live and what they eat.

This was probably my favorite part of the zoo. They have these towers all through the zoo and ropes connecting them. The orangutans can then go from one end of the zoo to another high above your head. It's a little weird to think they aren't in a cage while doing this and that if they fell they'd be right in the middle of the crowd. But it was cool to watch them go across, just don't stand directly below them.

This zoo even had dinosaurs! Ok, only some models. But the kids loved it.

Price comparing his hands to the tiger paws. This zoo had a lot of cool things to read and do for kids.

This was probably the weirdest thing I saw there. The goats had this playground thing to play on. They looked so silly laying on top of it.

A great day and definitely a great place to go if you have kids. That's one thing I've learned this summer: vacation is a whole lot more bearable when you do what the kids enjoy and try not to do too much.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment