On our way out of DC we went to the Arlington National Cemetery. I read something recently about the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier so I wanted to go see that. Plus my grandparents are both there (I would say buried, but they are in a mosoleum so that wouldn't be correct).
This is after we left the cemetery and headed toward the beach. I take one of these everytime we travel. Price makes the funniest faces when he sleeps. I always say he's going to freak his wife out when he gets married, but it does provide us entertainment when travelling.

This is a gate that we walked through on our way back to the car. It says "Rest on embalmed and sainted dead dear as the blood ye gave no impious footstep here shall tread the herbage of your grave".

This is one of those places that pictures cannot capture and words don't do it justice. It's just breath taking and heart breaking all at the same time. It really is amazing.

This is the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown. It is so precise and amazing. I love the inscription on the tomb that says "Unknown except to God". A really cool experience. Glad we trudged up the hill to see it.

It was yet again a sweltering hot day and we were still down a stroller at this point. So the kids weren't too cooperative, but I'm glad we went anyway. We did stop on our way to the beach and get a new stroller. We did not however find where may grandparents were. The printout we got had bad directions that even the grounds keepers didn't understand. I should have called my mom first and she could have directed us a whole lot better. I would have loved to walk around more if I didn't feel like I was slowly melting into the pavement.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment