Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gardening and Summer Fun

I have never been one to have a green thumb, but this summer I decided I wanted to try having a garden. And so far it has been a success. I don't think it has had anything to do with my skills as a gardener, but more due to lots of rain and sun and good Iowa dirt. But so far we've enjoyed lettuce, spinach, cilantro, parsley and rhubarb. It's so fun to eat stuff that I actually grew so hopefully we'll have more success with the rest of our garden later this summer.


The lettuce and spinach

The parsley. I didn't show any other pics of the garden because the rest is looking a little pathetic. My hopes aren't that high, but you never know what the summer will bring.

So far this summer hasn't been too bad. I sure do love that there are a ton of free things to take advantage of. Like the free summer movie (we saw Madagascar 2 yesterday) and story time at the library today was about recycling and the kids got to decorate their own cloth napkin. So hopefully we can stay busy this summer with fun free stuff that will keep my mind off how hot I am and how large I'm getting.

Apparently the library is the place to be. Who knew? I was hanging out there last night for a little alone time (I know, I'm boring and my family will not at all be surprised by this). I was reading and enjoying the quiet and this kid (like early 20s) kept trying to hit on me. I guess I should have been flattered, but all I could think was 1) He is only making fun of the poor pregnant lady and 2) I only get a limited amount of quiet alone time and he was ruining it. So if you are single and looking for love the CR library is the place to be!

1 comment:

D Lee said...

Lynnette,

Who knew you could hook up at the library? Yes you're very attractive and I can see why young men are drawn to you. That's just funny that 'he' ruined your quite time.