Saturday, May 9, 2009

Black Saturday

It is a dark, dark day for the Hodson family. May 9, 2009 will forever be known as "Black Saturday".....What horrific event has occured you ask? We broke down and finally purchased a mini van. I know, how could life get any worse, right? We are officially nerdy parents. There is no hope left for us.

After much deliberation and and a whole lot of worry (mostly from Jeremy) we decided to buy a Honda Odessy. After the debacle of our 99 Accord you'd think we'd steer away from Hondas all together. But I really really like it and since I'm the one driving it I guess my vote is the only that counts. So as we enter the world of uncool soccer parents at least we have a van that we like.

My favorite thing is that it has a DVD player in it and I'm driving to Kansas City on Tuesday so it will be very much appreciated. On another sad note we are selling my beloved Acura. We decided we'd get more for it than for Jer's jolloppy (as I like to call it) so hopefully the Honda will hold out for a little longer. I tell Jer as long as he continues doing his church calling well it will keep going for him. Let's just hope that is true.

As I make one step closer to being an old fuddy, duddy I have to wonder when I will start to wear polyester pants with a stretch-band wasit and eat dinner at 4 pm?

6 comments:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

Lynnette! You crack me up! I am so excited for you that you got a minivan you won't want to go back after you get to loving it. Your talk today was wonderful, thank you! Your little belly is so adorable too! I hope that you have a fabulous mothers day!

alicia said...

You are funny. Maybe you can set some new hip parents with mini van trends...

loved your talk. was hoping you could post that part your mom sent on your blog. Loved it. Sounds like you have a great mom.

Hope you had a nice mother's day. I felt for you having to give a talk and do the sharing time. Seems like a crime. Father's should run the show and give all moms a break. Now that would be a nice gift. I've actually had to talk 3 times on mother's day now. I can empathize.

Lemon said...

A VAN... Jer, what happened to you NEVER owning a mini van. j/k
At least it's not an 11 passenger white van.

Jess said...

New cars are always great, no matter what kind they are!!!

Jess said...

oh....and DVD players are the BOMB!