Sunday, November 11, 2012

Random pics

The other day Kylee put on shorts (as usual), but I told her it was too cold for shorts and that she needed to go put on pants.  And this is how she came out of her room.  I guess technicall she did what I asked.  Sometimes I wish she had a sign that said "I dressed myself, I would not let my mom help me".  then people would understand why she looks the way she does.

 The girls love getting their pictures taken.  Here they are in their jammies with their stuffed animals.
We've had a fun, busy week.  On Tuesday we went to "Family Club" at the school.  We had dinner (lasagna, salad and breadsticks).  Then we played the boardgame Sorry! After that we went into the gym at jumped roped, hula hooped, played basektball and dodgeball.  It was such a fun night and the kids were tired when we got home and went right to bed.  A successful night.

The kids had their Parent/Teacher Conferences this week.  They are both doing really great.  Price is rocking it in math and is really well behaved at school.  I guess that's why he lets loose at home; he holds it in all day and goes wild once he's home.  Brynlee is doing great too.  She's reading on a first grade level and learning a lot.  We were afraid that she was being too quiet at school and not talking or making friends.  Her teacher assured us that she is well like and very chatty.  She actually has gotten in trouble a few times for talking too much.  Is is bad that I'm not mad about that, but actually happy that she is being social?

They've started this new program at the YMCA called Livestrong.  It's for cancer survivors and is getting them back to working out and increasing their fitness.  I trained a in September to become an instructor.  The first class started this week and I am volunteering to help with it.  So Friday I went and helped while they were doing their fitness assessments.  It's just testing the participants to see where they are physically as the program begins.  We also had a speaker come talk about breathing.  She is a yoga instructor and came and showed different breathing techniques; like calming breaths, energizing breaths, etc.  It was really interesting and helpful.  I'm excited to help with this new program and hopefully in the future will get to actually be one of the instructors.

After Livestrong Jeremy and I had a date night.  I know, miracle of miracles we actually went out to dinner by ourselves and had a great time.  We went to Parlor City.  It's down by the New Bo Market.  It's an area of town that is slowly coming back since the flood.  There are a few restaurants/bars there and we had to park a few blocks away.  But the food was pretty good.  We had fried pickle spears (my new fave) and a cheeseburger where the cheese was in the middle of the burger.  The only bust was the "frips".  We thought they'd be like waffle fries, but they were just homemade potato chips.  But they came with a yummy french onion dip.  We also had some VIP seating.  we were right by the kitchen and the bathroom, not the most ideal seats, but it was a fun night out.

No comments: